1. New US Secratary of state: Rex Tillerson (Former chairman and chief executive of Exxon Mobile).
2. New chief business officer of Uber, India: Madhu Kannan (former BSE CEO and Tata Group official).
3. New MD & CEO of National Stock Exchange: Vikram Limaye (Former IDFC MD and CEO).
4. Principal Economic Advisor appointed by Ministry of Finance: Sanjeev Sanyal (noted economist and former Deutsche Bank Managing Director).
5. Acting CEO of Prasar Bharti: Rajiv Singh ( Member (Finance) in Prasar Bharti).
6. New Chief Economist of Indus Bank: Gaurav Kapoor.
7. The new president of Haiti: Jovenel Moise.
8. The next attorney general of the united states: Jeff Sessions.
9. The new SEBI Chairman: Ajay Tyagi (Senior IAS officer, former Additional Secratary (Investment) in the Department of Economic Affairs and hadles capital markets).
10. First woman director of an IIM: Neelu Rohmetra.
11. 77th US Treasury Secratary: Steven Mnuchin (the executive producer of Hollywood movies like 'Suicide Squad' and 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of justice.
12. Pakistan's first woman foreign secretary: Tehmina Janjua.
13. New UN peacekeeping chief: Jean-Pierre Lacroix of France.
14. First Ever COO of Whats app: Matt Idema.
15. India's High Commisioner to Canada: Vikas Swarup.
16. Executive Directors of Bank of India: Neelam Damodharan and Atanu Kumar Das .
17. Executive Director of Indian Overseas Bank: K Swaminathan.
18. Executive Director of United Bank of India: Ashok Kumar Pradhan .
19. Executive Director of Central Bank of India: P Ramana Murthy.
20. Executive Director of Punjab and Sindh Bank: Fareed Ahmed Khan.
21. Executive Director of Indian Bank: M K Bhattacharya.
22. Executive Director of Allahabad: S Harishanker.
23. New Non-Executive Chairman of Punjab National Bank: Sunil Mehta.
24. New CM of Nagaland: Shurhozelie Liezietsu.
25. Chairman of TATA Sons: N Chandrasekaran.
26. CFO of Tata Consultancy Services: V Ramakrishnan.
27. New National Security Advisor by US President Trump: Lt. Gen. Herbert Raymond Mc Master.
28. New Prime Minister of Somalia President: Hassan Ali Khaire .
29. Chairperson of National Commission for Scheduled Tribes (NCST): Nand Kumar Sai.
Current Affairs & GK - 28-02-2017
1. National Science Day : 28th February
2. Indian Shooter Jitu Rai won the bronze medal in the men's 10-metre air pistol
event at the ISSF World Cup in New Delhi.
3. India's First Integrated Heliport Inaugurated at Rohini in North Delhi.
4. Indian shuttlers Tarun Kona and Alwin Francis won the men's doubles gold at
the 2017 Uganda International Series.
5. Suresh Prabhu flags off first Antyodaya Express between Ernakulam, Howrah.
6. RBI has set up an 11 member Interdisciplinary Standing Committee on Cyber
7. Shanta Rangaswamy becomes first woman to be honoured BCCI Lifetime Achievement
8. The author Neil Gaiman has been appointed as a global Goodwill Ambassador of
the UN Refugee Agency, UNHCR.
9. INS Viraat, the second aircraft carrier in the Indian naval fleet, will be
decommissioned on March 6.
10. GDP growth for current, upcoming two fiscals is projected as 7% by OECD.
11. Gopal Bagalay appointed as new Ministry of External Affairs (MEA)
12. Nand Kumar Sai sworn in as NCST Chairman.